David and I have discussed arranging a full day Summer school for members interested in Audio Visuals. We were thinking of running it on a Saturday, but Sunday may also be considered. Our favourite software is Picture To Exe (PTE) and we will be using it to demonstrate the steps involved, on the big screen. However; if you have bought ProShow and don’t want to buy PTE , you are most welcome, I know ProShow fairly well and will able to help you follow along. If you have a MacBook and feel left out, please talk to me and I can help you get Windows to work on your Mac.
To help you prepare, to participate you MUST have:
- A laptop running Windows
- PTE or ProShow installed
- Faststone Image Resizer (free) installed
- An image editing programme, that can crop to a ratio, e.g., Photoshop, PS Elements, Lightroom, Aperture, Gimp (free), Capture NX, etc.
- A folder containing the full size jpgs that you want to use. You should have at least 50-60 photos, however the AV will probably only include around 30-40.
- A music library with plenty of suitable music. Visit Asda or Tescos and buy a multi CD pack of type of music you would like to use. Classical music works very well for most photo AV’s and these can be bought for as little as £5.
- Preparation of photos, resizing to ratios 16:9 or 16:10 and then saving them to a suitable file size for the AV
- AV basics – adding images, music and creating a slideshow
- AV intermediate – customising slides for titles, subtle pan and zoom effects
- AV advanced – synchronising music to slides, photo harmony and flow