We are considering holding an Audio Visual Competition in January 2013. We haven’t agreed on any rules, but I am thinking of:
1. Not longer than 5 minutes
2. Completely new, not seen before or entered into any competition or festival
3. An outside judge will choose a 1st, 2nd and 3rd.
In order to assist members prepare their AVs, we are thinking of holding four, 1 hour workshops, on the first Wednesday, from Sept to Dec. Jack Thompson, David Roberts and I will work out the details, but we are thinking of the following:
1. Introduction: Demonstration of the different types of AVs to help members decide what type of Av they want to make.
2. Image selection and preparation. How to cull 100 photos down to a possible 40, and the final selection of around 30. Resizing them for full hd 1920×1080 (16:9) or 1920×1200 (16:10).
3. Selection of appropriate music. Using the beat of the music to link to the slides. Use of sound effects and how these can be added to the music.
4. Writing a script, and recording a narration. How the narration is added to the music.
Just some ideas, still early stages, but all feedback is most welcome.