Change to Club Program.
Friday 19th April will now be a Slideshow Competition evening. The main purpose of the competition is to encourage all members, regardless of their ‘photographic ability’, to learn new ‘computer skills’ and prepare a slideshow. This is not part of our yearly official club competitions. It is only for a bit of fun and provide an evenings entertainment.
There will be two categories of entrant: ‘A’ and ‘B’.
‘A’, are folk who have been preparing computer generated slideshows for years and ‘B’, are folk who are relatively new to this.
You will notice that I haven’t used our club competition categories of ‘advanced ‘ and ‘novice’. These reflect your club standing in ‘photographic ability’. We may have folk who are club competition ‘advanced’ members but have never, or rarely, made a slideshow. They therefore would come under ‘B’ as folk who are new to the computer generated slideshow scene. So you will self select which category you think suits you best.
Therefore the rules are simple, and offered as guidelines to level the playing field of competition and also explain some expectations.
1. One entry per member.
2. We are a camera club, it’s all about your photography. Therefore we expect all the images / photos used in your slideshow to be yours.
3. As this is a slideshow competition, the main purpose of which is to encourage members to learn how to make a slideshow, the production or creation of the slideshow should be your own work. (Clearly not, I gave a friend some of my photos and they made this slideshow for me!)
4. Slideshows can be created on any computer or software. All we ask is that we can display it on the club ‘Windows’ computer. Therefore slideshows should be Windows exe’s (produced by ProShow or Pictures to Exe) or in mp4 format or almost any other video format, avi, etc., that we can display using VLC Media Player.
5. Please keep it short, 5 minutes maximum. Between 3 to 5 minutes works best!
6. File size, doesn’t matter, we will be copying all submissions to the club computer hard drive. (MP4’s, avi’s, etc. will be big and run better from the computer than from USB drives.)
7. Entries can be given to me or brought along on the evening.
If anyone needs some help or advice, please contact me.